Ultraking gets Scrappy
“I’m somebody now, and they like me, they really REALLY like me”!! This was my thought when I checked my e-mail while away on my Honeymoon and discovered, much to my surprise that I had received an Honest Scrap award, or as I think of it in my deranged little head, A Scrappy!!
I am not unfamiliar with the Honest Scrap award, as my newly enslaved married wife was also a recent recipient. This award is bestowed on a blog writer “whose blog content or design is, in the giver’s opinion, brilliant.” Brilliant… take that little miss 4th grade teacher who thought that my essay on “Why Darth Vader should be President” was uninspired and not entirely grounded in reality. I suppose I showed her! Writing blogs is fun, but lets face it, it’s much more fun when people actually READ and respond to them. Much thanks to Pixielated (pixielight.blogspot.com) for the nomination, I’m very happy that someone would take the time and effort to recognize my work.
Phase 1 – (When accepting this auspicious award, you must write a post bragging about it, including the name of the misguided soul who thinks you deserve such acclaim, and link back to the said person so everyone knows she/he is real) Wow, I must have been psychic, I already did Phase 1!! Lets move on…
Phase 2 – Choose a minimum of seven (7) blogs that you find brilliant in content or design. Or improvise by including bloggers who have no idea who you are because you don’t have seven friends. Show the seven random victims’ names and links and leave a harassing comment informing them that they were prized with an Honest Scrap Weblog.
In no particular order, here is my list of bloggers:
Armaggedon’s coming - I love this blog, a lot. Witty, down to earth, just a little crazy and one of the coolest blog headers I have seen in a while. This guy has a lot to say and does so in a way that keeps me coming back for more!
Critical QQ – Another Mage blog that is put together very nicely and offers tons of content. A great read for all things Mage.
Wrath of the Boomkin - Although I should probably subtract points for not being a Mage blog, what can I say, I dig BoomDaddy’s style! Good content and quite funny (Mage jokes not withstanding), he can stand up and trade punches with the best of them. In addition, what a nice guy, how can you lose?
WoWGrrl.com - World of Warcraft from a female perspective. Lots of info. with an emphasis on the Horde side.
Out of Mana – This is another very entertaining blog written by a girl gamer. Who says they aren’t out there? Out of Mana is a very cool and very up-to-date blog.
Less QQ More Pew Pew – A very well put-together site. I love the look and feel of this blog, and with that title, how can you lose?
The View From Down Here – World of warcraft from a Gnome tank’s perspective. This is a very nice looking site that is well-written and informative.
Which brings us to the end of Phase 2. Everyone get mana and food, renew your flask and take a well deserved bio-break, ’cause here comes Phase 3!!
Phase 3 – List at least ten (10) honest things about yourself. Then pass it on!
1) In “real life”, I am a computer geek. *GASP*!! Yes, it’s true, I admit it. My day is spent repairing, reformatting, loading and downloading and sometimes kicking the living crap out of things that beep, blink, glow and make bizarre mewling sounds.
2) I married a Moonkin. Yeah, I know, what will the children look like?!? Bald headed geeks with beaks? Feathery little drooling half-man half-chick dopplegangers with wands? Heaven only knows…
3) I am a musician. Guitar, saxophone, drums, vocals… I’m a one man band over here! Not to mention I also do voice-overs and narrations on the side.
4) I like to watch Ghost Hunting shows. Yeah, it’s true. Ghost Hunters, Paranormal State, anything that goes bump in the night is pretty cool… As long as it’s confined to my TV that is. The only haunting I want in my house are the grisly flashbacks of all the corpses I’ve left in the battlegrounds.
5) I make a MEAN pot of Chili. I’m not normally much of a cook, but when it comes to Chili, I have got it down cold (er, I mean hot)! I recently won a Chili cookoff at the office where I work.
6) I am a certified SCUBA diver. I love to head down to about 50 feet and check out all the waterform druids hanging around down there. Feed a druid some fish and they are with you for life (just ask Battlechicken, my wife).
7) I am an extremely good shot. To heck with being a hunter in game, I’m practically a sniper in real life. I have been shooting for years now and consider an hour at the shooting range a blasting good time.
8) I have my own videography business. Not only do I love to use my camera and get creative in photoshop, I’m also a videographer/editor and love to do video when the chance arises.
9) I used to be a police dispatcher. In my past life, where I thought I wanted to be in law-enforcement, I used to send the cops out to take care of assaults, burglaries and all the other bad things that Ret Pallies are responsible for in this world. Besides, what other job lets you tell a Cop where to go and get away with it!
10) My favorite fast food is the Whopper at Burger King. If you read my April fools day blog then it’s not hard to see that one coming. I still want a Mana Whopper. As much money as I give BK, they should give in to my demands.
In closing, I want to say thanks again for my little 5 minutes of recognition. This blog is nothing without my loyal readers. I welcome you all to let me know if there is anything you would like me to cover in the future, and until then, have an extra shock treatment here in the Arcane Asylum.